Real Food for Real Life

Thursday, February 25, 2010

An epiphany...

 

You've probably seen them on the TV as well, all the "Lobsterfest" commercials that make us so badly want to eat at Red Lobster, that normally only okay chain restaurant.  Well, we had had it, one commercial too many found us at Red Lobster Tuesday night.  I had the Grilled Maine Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp, while Ben had the Lobster, Shrimp and Parmesan Scampi.  We both made the mistake of ordering the steamed broccoli which was mushy and tasteless. But the lobster was good, or absolutely divine as I have been hearing from my hubby for a few days now.  I thought he had tried lobster before and just wasn't a fan, but this was his first taste, and he threw his hands up in the air and started singing...
quque the video please  (epiphany chant)

Well, he is a convert, and as soon as the weather warms, we shall be throwing lobster tails on the grill,,,and he says that he will never look at those tanked lobsters at the grocery the same again...much like Roger from American Dad  about his beloved choco-o-diles , "These lobsters!  Oh my God!  Mary, these lobsters! Oh my God!"

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the lobster lovers club, Ben! Lobster is one of foods that makes me drool just thinking about it. I love lobster -- and my next thought is, "doesn't everyone?"

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...