Real Food for Real Life

Saturday, May 1, 2010

A lovey, light lunch...

Salmon Salad in an Avocado Half

When I made the Lemon Baked Salmon last week, I intentionally made more than we would need for dinner so that I would be able to make a salmon salad.  I had originally intended to mix a bit of mayo into the salad, but the lemon infused salmon looked so lovely tossed with the red onion and celery, that I didn't want to make it heavy with the mayo.  Instead of the mayo I used olive oil and lemon juice, and tossed in a bit more minced dill.  Served in a perfectly ripe avocado half, this gave me two days of wonderful lunchtime dining.  This recipe could easily be double or tripled.

Salmon Salad

8oz. cooked salmon fillet
1 celery rib, diced small
1/4 small red onion, diced small
2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs, lemon juice
1 tbs. minced fresh dill
large pinch of coarse salt
a generous grinding of black pepper

Flake the salmon into a bowl, but don't break it up too small.  Lightly toss in the remaining ingredients.  Serve chilled in a avocado half or over chopped lettuce.  This makes two generous servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...